The Skin Cancer Foundation has resurrected its popular Media competition, which recognizes outstanding skin cancer editorial coverage. The Award honors excellence in medically accurate skin cancer-related coverage that addresses skin cancer prevention, early detection, or treatment.
The 2013 Media Award entries were evaluated by Skin Cancer Foundation editorial staff and a panel of judges including Foundation Senior Vice President Deborah S. Sarnoff, MD, Photobiology Committee Member Steven Q. Wang, MD and skin cancer survivor Chelsea Price. The entries were judged based on excellence in writing, use of compelling visuals and how social media efforts were used to further the article’s message.
The Five 2013 Media Award Finalists Include:
- Glamour for “WTF! Why Are So Many Women Getting Skin Cancer?”
- Good Housekeeping for “How I Finally Wised Up About the Sun (but Only After I Had Skin Cancer)”
- Ladies’ Home Journal for “Freckle, Mole Or Skin Cancer?”
- Prevention for “The 7 Habits for Highly Effective Skin Care”
- Women’s Health for “Tanning Beds Might as Well be Coffins”
The 2013 Media Award Winners Are:
- Preventionfor “The 7 Habits for Highly Effective Skin Care” (Beauty Editor Kiera Aaron)
- Women’s Health for “Tanning Beds Might as Well be Coffins” (Executive Editor Lisa Bain)