- The Skin Cancer Foundation Appoints Bill Ridenour as Senior Director of Partnership Development (December 30, 2016) – Ridenour’s career has spanned over 30 years in the advertising industry and this new position marks a switch to the nonprofit sector.
- Leadership Change Announced at The Skin Cancer Foundation’s Champions for Change Gala (October 31, 2016) – Skin Cancer Foundation President Perry Robins, MD, announced his retirement as he accepted the Champions for Change award.
- The Skin Cancer Foundation Shares Sun Protection Tips for Young Children (July 14, 2016) – The Skin Cancer Foundation wants parents and caregivers to know that skin cancer is highly preventable, and offers tips to help keep babies and toddlers sun-safe.
- The 2016 Skin Cancer Foundation Journal: Now Available – (June 2, 2016) – The Skin Cancer Foundation just released the 2016 edition of its Journal, the annual publication geared to the public and distributed through dermatologist offices across the country.
- The Skin Cancer Foundation Responds to 2016 Consumer Sunscreen Guides Released by Consumer Reports and The Environmental Working Group (EWG) (May 27, 2016)
- Foundation to Observe Skin Cancer Awareness Month with Education Campaign and Fundraising Drive – (April 29, 2016) – In an effort to educate the public about both well-known and lesser-known types of skin cancer, the Foundation will spotlight a different form of the disease each week of the month.
- The Skin Cancer Foundation Responds to Study Linking Sunbathing to Longer Life Expectancy – (March 25, 2016) – The Skin Cancer Foundation believes that the results of this study could cause the public to abandon sun protective behaviors that we know are effective in preventing skin cancer.
- The Skin Cancer Foundation Appoints Dan Latore as Executive Director – (March 18, 2016) – The Skin Cancer Foundation recently announced the appointment of Dan Latore to the role of Executive Director. Latore previously led the Foundation’s Corporate Partnerships department, and has been with the organization since 2006.
- The Skin Cancer Foundation Hosts Annual Members and Friends Reception – (March 17, 2016) – The Skin Cancer Foundation hosted its annual members and friends reception on March 6 in Washington, DC during the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) Annual Meeting.
Press Releases from Recent Years