Your Donation at Work
Where the Money Goes
- Skin cancer education: With more than 9 million visits each year, SkinCancer.org features hundreds of pages of medically reviewed skin cancer information that reaches people in all corners of the world.
- Youth education: Sun Smart U delivers skin cancer prevention and anti-tanning messages to middle and high school students at a crucial time in their development, when they’re beginning to make their own sun protection decisions.
- Public awareness: Our team places 500 million media impressions on skin cancer information every year, helping consumers everywhere understand the importance of early detection with programs like The Big See, and the dangers of sun exposure.
- Free skin cancer screenings: Destination: Healthy Skin, our mobile early detection and community education program hits the road every summer in our custom RV appointed with two fully equipped exam rooms. The Foundation has provided nearly 25,000 free skin cancer screenings. Volunteer dermatologists have detected more than 10,000 potential skin cancers and precancers have been detected, including 440 suspected melanomas.
- Skin cancer research: We fund pilot research conducted by the U.S. medical community’s most promising clinical minds. Since 1981, generous donors to The Skin Cancer Foundation Research Grants program has allowed us to give young physicians and investigators stipends for studies that serve as stepping stones to important breakthroughs in understanding and treating skin cancer.
The Skin Cancer Foundation is a non-profit organization. Your donation is 100% tax deductible
84 cents of every dollar contributed goes directly to our lifesaving programs.