Donating to The Skin Cancer Foundation Will Help Support:
- SkinCancer.org: The Foundation's website reaches more than three million people around the world annually, with medically-reviewed skin cancer information.
- The Foundation's Youth Education Program: Sun Smart U delivers skin cancer prevention and anti-tanning messages to middle and high school students at a crucial time in their development, when they're beginning to make their own sun protection decisions.
- Public Awareness Efforts: Foundation staff place 500 million media impressions on skin cancer information every year, thereby helping consumers everywhere understand the dangers of sun exposure and the importance of early detection.
- Free Skin Cancer Screenings: Over the past five years, The Skin Cancer Foundation has screened 16,245 people across the country through its Road to Healthy Skin Tour. Approximately 6,945 suspected cancers and precancers have been detected, including 295 suspected melanomas, the deadliest form of skin cancer.
- Research Grants Initiative: The Foundation funds pilot research conducted by the US medical community's most promising clinical minds. In 2012, The Skin Cancer Foundation awarded $155,000 in its annual research grants program, including four $25,000 grants, the most money ever distributed by the Foundation in one year.
88 cents of every dollar contributed goes directly to our life-saving programs.
Donor Resource Links: