The skin cancer screenings take place in the Tour’s customized 38-foot RV, equipped with two private exam rooms. The full-body exams take approximately ten minutes. The participant is given a brief form to fill out and then shown to an exam room. After the participant changes into a gown, the dermatologist enters the room and examines the patient’s skin from head-to-toe. The physician will note the findings on the form and make recommendations for next steps, including getting a biopsy, if necessary. Tour participants will receive educational materials that explain how to perform monthly skin checks at home and the proper ways to protect the skin from the sun on a daily basis, along with sunscreen samples and other giveaways.
- expand/collapse A Night the Stars Shine On
- expand/collapse Annual Meeting and Reception
- expand/collapse gala
- expand/collapse International Dermatology Exchange Program
- expand/collapse Road to Healthy Skin Tour
- expand/collapse World Congress on Cancers of the Skin ®