Donating to The Skin Cancer Foundation Will Help Support:
- SkinCancer.org: The Foundation's website reaches people around the world with nearly ten million visits annually. The site includes 600 pages of medically reviewed skin cancer information based on content from the Foundation’s award-winning print publications.
- The Foundation's Youth Education Program: Sun Smart U delivers skin cancer prevention and anti-tanning messages to middle and high school students at a crucial time in their development, when they're beginning to make their own sun protection decisions.
- Public Awareness Efforts: Foundation staff place 500 million media impressions on skin cancer information every year, thereby helping consumers everywhere understand the dangers of sun exposure and the importance of early detection.
- Free Skin Cancer Screenings: The Skin Cancer Foundation has provided screenings to thousands of people, first through the Road to Healthy Skin Tour and now with Destination: Healthy Skin. More than 9,000 suspected skin cancers and precancers have been detected, including more than 380 suspected melanomas, the deadliest form of skin cancer.
- Research Grants Initiative: The Foundation funds pilot research conducted by the US medical community's most promising clinical minds. Since 1981, the Foundation has awarded over $1.5 million to fund more than 150 projects. The awards provide funding for pilot studies that lead to improvements in the prevention and clinical management of skin cancer.
The Skin Cancer Foundation is a non-profit organization. Your donation is 100% tax deductible.
84 cents of every dollar contributed goes directly to our lifesaving programs.
Donor Resource Links: