We’re Committed to Your Privacy
Your privacy is important to The Skin Cancer Foundation (SCF). To protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Types of Personal Information that We Collect
When you engage with the Foundation or visit or use our online donation and sales systems, we collect a variety of information. The type of information we collect will depend on the nature of the interaction. We may collect personal information in the following ways:
Contact Information and Demographics
We may collect your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s) and limited location information.
If you make a donation to the Foundation or make a purchase through the SCF store, we will collect payment information such as your credit card number to process your transaction. We use a third-party payment service to process payments. We will retain your credit card information only for as long as necessary to process the transaction(s).
Location, Web Behavior and Technology
We may capture the IP address and ID of the device you use to connect to the online service, the type of operating system and browser you use, and information about the site you came from, the parts of our online service you access, the type of mobile device you use and the site you visit next.
Call Notes/ Recordings
If you call SCF, we may take notes detailing the nature of the call and/or record the call for training and quality assurance purposes. The information contained in these transcripts will depend on what you voluntarily provide to the SCF.
How We Use This Information
We use the information discussed above in a number of ways, such as:
- Processing donations and purchase transactions;
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- Managing your preferences;
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our online services, including your responses to our emails and the pages and advertisements you view;
- Providing you tailored content and marketing messages;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our programs (including developing new products and services; improving existing products and services; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- For any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time you provide or we collect your information.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis for various purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations, to help deliver products, services and content that are better tailored to the users of our services and for other purposes.
Sharing of Personal Information
The Skin Cancer Foundation may need to share personal information with third parties in limited circumstances. For example, we may share your information with:
- Credit card processing companies to process your payments and donations;
- Website host and/or web analytics provider;
- Vendors for the purpose of providing customer support or fulfilling orders placed through our store;
All third parties are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of personal information and are not authorized to use personal information for any purpose other than providing those services.
Updating Your Information and Opting Out
You may update your contact information, determine your preferences or opt-in/opt-out online preferences by contacting the SCF:
- Email our team.
- Follow directions on a marketing e-mail communication from us; or
- Send a request to:
The Skin Cancer Foundation
205 Lexington Avenue, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10016
ATTN: Privacy Team
Links to Third-Party Websites
Changes to This Privacy Statement
Last Updated: 05/29/2018
You Can Save Lives
Join the fight against skin cancer by donating to The Skin Cancer Foundation. Fund public education and early detection programs, medical seminars, and groundbreaking research.