- Brian Davis - Professional Golfer
- Born: 08/02/1974
- Hometown: London, England
- Resides: Windermere, Florida
- Turned Pro: 1994
- Website: www.briandavispga.com
- Quote: "Sunscreen is a part of my equipment, my routine, and who I am and what I do. If it allows me to play golf, it's good."
- In 2004, Brian became the first Englishman to win the PGA TOUR Qualifying School.
- Brian has finished 2nd on the PGA TOUR three times.
- 2009 was his most successful season to date, including 2nd at the HP Byron Nelson and ties for 5th at The Players Championship and Valero Texas Open.
- Brian has earned over $6 million since joining the PGA TOUR in 2005.
- Brian and his wife, Julie, have 3 children: Oliver, Henry and Madeleine.
Brian Davis is a professional golfer who has been playing the PGA TOUR since 2007. You may recognize him as the golfer who famously called a penalty on himself during a playoff at Hilton Head in2010; upholding the honor of the game and further endearing himself to the public. As an ambassador to The Skin Cancer Foundation, Brian also knows that proper sun protection is just as important as the clubs in his bag.
Reason for Joining Team SCF
At just 37 years old, Brian has already been treated for several skin cancers. Growing up in the UK, “we just didn’t wear sun protection,” Brian recalls. But when he and his family settled in Florida, they heard a lot about the damage the sun can do. So when his wife noticed a discolored spot on his neck, he went to a dermatologist, who confirmed that the spot was a basal cell carcinoma. He’s since been treated for two additional skin cancers. Today, Brian is a pro at sun protection as well as golf. He sees his dermatologist every six months — sooner if he notices changes to an existing spot.
Brian always wears UV-blocking sunglasses, a hat, and broad-spectrum high SPF (usually 50+) sunscreen. Take it from Brian: “There’s always a way to protect yourself. You’ve got to take those extra couple of minutes to get ready.”