- Heading into 2010, Damien is the #9 ranked surfer in the world.
- Damien has 4 Elite victories since joining the ASP Tour in 2000.
- Damien is best known for holding the highest grand final score in the history of pro surfing - a 19.9 out of 20 at The Quiksilver Pro Fiji in 2004 - until Kelly Slater eclipsed his feat in 2005.
- Damien and his wife, Charlotte, have two children.
- Damien's twin brother, CJ, is also a professional surfer.
Reason for Joining Team SCF
"World Professional Surfers aim to make the sport and culture of surfing a better place. With skin cancer being a stark reality in our lifestyle, it is only natural that we seek to work with an organization that spreads awareness. SCF have a global reputation which is perfect as we wish to help reach the most amount of people with the message of skin cancer awareness. From our inception 10 years ago, we are only involved with likeminded partners, those who create credibility through action."